installing a previously registered version of ilife?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zach1247, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Zach1247 macrumors newbie

So i was thinking about buying ilife 08 on ebay, i found some really good prices on it. People are selling ilife 08 for cheap, but they are used and registered. Would i be able to use this on my computer if i buy it?

2. Ryan5505 macrumors regular

the iLife may be registered, but you can still install on your system and choose not to register. This could also be copyright infringement, Im not sure.

3. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Wouldn't the infringement be on the original seller? They sold you the copy of the software, and you bought it in good faith that they have removed it from their computer.

Now I haven't read the EULA (is it called that on Macs??), but a majority of them allow it to be installed on only one computer at a time. This means if you buy a new computer, as long as you remove it from your old one, you're covered when installing it on the new one. Sometimes you get lucky, and it will say you can use it on one computer at a time. This will let you install it on any computer you want (think desktop, laptop, work, den) and you're fine as long as you use it only on one at a time.

Either way, if anything were to happen, you're the one in possession of the software, they would have to explain how they got it installed on their computer without a disk.