Installing additional packages in LaTeX

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apmc, Mar 3, 2010.

1. apmc macrumors newbie

I am new to Macs and just downloaded and installed MacTeX along with texmaker. Everything works fine and I am able to successfully create PDFs, but I need to install the "diagrams.sty" package which is not included in the MacTeX packages.

I have tried the i-installer, but every time I point it to the address at which the diagrams.sty package is located it tells me that there was an error in downloading (I have tried this for several different mirrors, so I know it's not a problem with the website).

I also tried to just put the diagrams.sty file in texmf/tex/latex and then subsequently try to compile a PDF, but that too did not work.

Does anyone know how to do this?

2. NeverhadaPC macrumors 6502

NeverhadaPC

If anyone has information on how to install PGF/Tikz package in TexShop (MacTex) that would help too.

3. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

You can simply place the *.sty file in the same directory with your *.tex file and it should be found.

If you want to use it in several projects you need to inform Latex about this style:

1. Copy the *.sty file into a directory that you create under /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex
    2. Run sudo texhash from Terminal so that Latex updates its database

4. apmc thread starter macrumors newbie

That worked perfectly, thanks a lot.

5. sonnic macrumors newbie

Problem with danish letters

Hi
    I have a problem with æ, ø and å. Danish special letters. It seems I have the necessary packages. At least I think so. But somehow TexShop still cant display them. I even made sure that I have set Settings/language to Danish.

I have run out of ideas as how to solve the problem. Can anybody help, plz?