Installing Apps from Apple Stores in Other Countries

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macdaddy01, Aug 10, 2008.

1. macdaddy01 macrumors member

Is it possible to install apps from the Apple store in other Countries? I found some apps in the Japan store that I would like, but it keeps telling me that my online account is only valid for the US. I tried to create an account in the Japan Apple store, but I don't have an address in Japan. Has anybody done this before?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can only load your iPod/iPhone from ONE account at a time.

And what are you trying to get that's no in the US store.

3. macdaddy01 thread starter macrumors member

I would like to download the Tokyo subway/train guide and some of the Anime apps.

4. lordhamster macrumors 6502a

What idiot is restricting the Tokyo train guide to Japan only? Apple? The Developer? Why?

I can see why they restricted Netshare to non-us because AT&T does not allow tethering, but I can't fathom why something like a subway map would be restricted.

5. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I have 2 itunes accounts loaded onto my iphone, me and my cousin alternate buying apps, so you CAN have more than one account on a iphone/ipod at the same time

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

I hate it when people spread FUD based on incorrect assumptions.

I have apps installed on both my touch and my iPhone from both my US and my Japanese iTMS accounts. ;)

7. mattrobs macrumors member

I got an US iTunes Account by buying a US iTunes Card from eBay (lucky for us Aussies, Apple added tax to apps then rounded up.)

But beware: managing apps over two accounts is a bitch. When your app gets updates, you'll have to log in to the app you purchased with. (Don't use the wrong account, otherwise you'll purchase it again!)

Developers can choose which countries to target. I guess he didn't consider that American tourists might want to buy it.