Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmusick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Hello, can someone help me out? I recently just inherited the Mac support functions for the campus, and need all the help I can get. My problem right now is i have this app called Endnote. I need to install it on our library workstations but I want it configured one time. The way it is installed now ALL users have to configure it.
I know in the windows world, I would copy the settings from HKCU to HKU and put the files in the Default profile. Is there something like this on the Mac? If so can someone walk me through it.
Thanks

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Usually OS X apps store their settings in a custom .plist file in the users ~/Library/Preferences folder. According to this guide the Endnote .plist is named com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist and is in the folder Users/[your_username]/Library/Preferences.

You might be able to get away with setting up the first machine how you want then copying that plist. Then after installing on subsequent machines replace the plist with the one you copied.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.