Installing Apps on a CD to ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by klooney, Oct 22, 2008.

1. klooney macrumors regular

A friend gave me a cd full of apps but I have no idea how to install them on my touch, any help?

Thanks in advance

2. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

There are two ways to install apps: the way Apple wants you to do it, and the jailbreak method.

The Apple approved method requires you to download the apps from the iTunes Music Store (ITMS) and sync them to your iPod. These apps have Digital Rights Managment (DRM) applied, and can't be installed from computers that aren't authorized on the same ITMS account. If someone has managed to save their ITMS-downloaded apps and save them to a CD, you won't be able to install them unless they authorize your computer on their ITMS account (which wouldn't be wise for them to do).

The jailbreak method involves hacking your iPod, and gives you much more control over your device. This might allow you to install the apps you have. Search the forums or the web about how to jailbreak your iPod (this site is an example).

3. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

Unless he gave you cracked apps, but I'm sure the mods would birth a cow if we talked about that here =P

Best way to do it would be google.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

as already been said we cant really talk about it on here as it is deemed illegal, but assuming the cd of apps are cracked apps you would need to apply a cracked file to the ipod before you could even get these apps to work.

I hear googling "mac geeks mobileinstallation" and finding the link titled "Install *free* cracked iPhone Apps » Mac OSx86"

would help you along your way