Installing apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by auptimus, Mar 3, 2011.

1. auptimus macrumors member

Hi guys,
    New to the iPhone world. I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G.I have downloaded few free apps from apple website. I want to install them but the problem is if I sync my iPhone with iTunes, all the apps installed previously will be deleted. Is there an alternative to install them apps without iTunes? I need that iSpreadsheet apps.

Thanks a lot for your help
    Optimus

2. PsstGreek, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You must of bought your iPhone second hand?

Anyway, when the iPhone is connected, right click on the iPhone icon and click "Transfer Purchases". All the apps on the iPhone will dump into iTunes.

Then you can set up your iPhone as your own with the apps and such.

3. auptimus, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

auptimus thread starter macrumors member

Install apps

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for your quick response. According to Apple "When you do hit the sync button, all itunes content will be erased from your phone". The sync apps of the iPhone on iTunes is grayed out until I checl the Sync Apps and I get that message that says that all the existing apps and their data on the iPhone will be replaced with apps from the iTunes library.

BTW, I did the transfer of apps but I can't see the installed apps on iTunes.
    Have a nice day.
    Optimus.