Installing Boot Camp drivers for Vista 64 on unibody MacBooks?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Bengt77, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Hi all,

I'm having trouble installing the Boot Camp drivers for Vista 64 on my new unibody MacBook. First, I tried just double clicking the setup.exe on the Mac OS X Install Disc, but the installer said that "Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model". Weird, as the new MacBooks are definitely 64-bit.

Then, I searched for possible solutions for this problem, and found out that you could just double click the BootCamp64.exe setup program in the D:\Boot Camp\Drivers\Apple\ folder. But that installer gives me this error message: "This installation requires elevated privileges. Launch the installer through setup.exe."

Does anybody know how to install the 64-bit drivers on the new unibody MacBooks? If some of you have done it, how have you managed to do that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. brucebrendon macrumors regular

same here

sorry this is no help, but i've the same problem.
    wasted hrs and hrs on it.

my wifi also switches it's self off with every sleep, reboot...

i know this means a trip to the genius bar, Zzz... and they'll say reinstall, so i haven't gone.

:(

3. Bengt77 thread starter macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Sorry, this is quite an old post of mine. Maybe I should have posted a follow-up stating my problem was solved. Everything you need to know can be found in this thread. Good luck! And trust me, once you have everything up and running, Vista 64 really is a very nice OS.

4. MWithersIT macrumors newbie

SIMPLY disable UAC and then RESTART, then use x64 tricks