installing boot camp drivers: troubleshooting install

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by benlangdon, Feb 2, 2010.

1. benlangdon macrumors 65832

benlangdon

so i just installed windows xp.
    now im trying to install the boot camp drivers and its not working.

it will not even let me mount the install cd or view it (when installing from an external drive)

i have tried to install it with an external drive with 10.6 and another partition of 10.5, and have tried the install dvd for 10.5.

i plug in the external drive, and it says in windows it needs to be formatted.
    i put the cd in, and it just spits it back out.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

It's not clear what you are doing, but the 10.6 install disc contains two partitions, one for OS X and one that contains the BC3.0 drivers, similarly for 10.5. If you are using a copy of the 10.6 disc you probably did not copy the drivers.

Essentially, you must use the original disc not a copy, and may I ask why you are using an external drive? did you remove the internal SuperDrive?

B

3. benlangdon thread starter macrumors 65832

benlangdon

well, i did try and install them with the os x disc provided with my computer, and it just spat them out.

well im using 10.6 on an external drive because my disc is at work, and i find it much easier to do things with the discs on a drive, even when using the 10.5 discs (which i have at home).

4. benlangdon thread starter macrumors 65832

benlangdon

ok. so...
    just downloaded the bootcamp drivers individually.
    made a dvd of the iso.
    and windows just spits out the cd.
    i am getting so sick of this. why doesn't this work
    i hate windows:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

come on anyone?