Installing Bootcamp Drivers in XP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by darkiller, Dec 2, 2010.

1. darkiller macrumors newbie

realised that my previous post was in the wrong section, (sorry!) so i decided to re-post it in the correct place.

Ok, so i setup bootcamp and installed windows xp. installed the bootcamp drivers, and things worked fine for a couple of days.... than the bootcamp appeared to get corrupted. fn keys cant work, xp cant detect mac partition (cant access any files in there, though the reverse works), no bootcamp icon in system try. someone mentioned to search for the KbdMgr.exe or bootcamp and start the program, but i cant find both items.

re-installation of bootcamp with the cd doesnt seem to work for me. either the system restarts before installation is completed, or xp crashes during the installation process. EDIT: now all i get is xp crashing before installation is complete

downloaded the bootcamp 2.1 but absolutely nothing happens when i click on the exe file!

there are a bunch of apple drivers shown in the add/remove programs, but they dont seem to be working (tried to remove them all and re-install, but xp crashed halfway and i had to use the cd to repair it). seems to me all that the drivers are 'there' already, but not working.

short of completely starting over from scratch and re-installing the entire windows, is there anything else i can try?

any suggestions would be much appreciated, thks!

2. darkiller thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, i removed the windows partition and re-did the entire installation. this time there is a boot camp folder in the program files, but no boot camp icon. no KbdMgr.exe either. clicking on the bootcamp program doesnt seem to do anything, nothing happens after that. no boot camp program under the add/remove programs either... cd installation is fraught with window xp crashing and restarting midway. just what have i dont wrong this time? ><