Installing Bootcamp without Mac Disc

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by OmiKnight52, Aug 23, 2009.

1. OmiKnight52 macrumors member

OmiKnight52

hey my fellow macolytes I recently received My Macbook I bought without The Mac Restore disc. I plan on getting Snow leopard, but in the meantime I wanted to know If I can use bootcamp to install windows xp sp2 oem Cd that I purchased 2007 without the Mac disc? When I tried it displayed Mac os X cd as required.

2. weckart macrumors 68040

I think you can install it, however the Windows drivers needed to interact properly with your hardware are contained on the Mac Install DVD.

3. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

The only reason you need the Mac OS X CD is for the Boot Camp drivers. You can actually download them directly off of Apple's web site:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/bootcampwindowsxpdriversupdate21.html

So install Boot Camp normally, then download and install the drivers in the above link within Boot Camp.

4. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

5. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

7. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

8. OmiKnight52 thread starter macrumors member

OmiKnight52

oops srry I should of checked forums. So far it boots into os x now I have to install bootcamp/xp drivers