Installing Bundles software from one computer to another.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maninthemoon, Oct 31, 2007.

1. maninthemoon macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a new mac mini. I would like to install the iLife Suite off the install disks on to a G4 powermac running 10.4.10. When I try to install the Install Bundled Software Only package is says,

This software cannot be installed on this computer.

Any way around this?

2. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Not possible. The disks from your new Mac Mini will be Intel-only, non Universal.

And not legal either.

Sorry
    SL

3. maninthemoon thread starter macrumors newbie

So if you buy an intel Mac the bundled software is Intel only and if you buy the iLife software it comes universal? That seems strange.

If I installed the software in the powerbook (if I could) and not on the mini would that be legal? I assume since it's my software I can install it on any computer it will install on as long as I only have it on one computer?

4. superleccy macrumors 6502a

superleccy

Strange or otherwise, AFAIK they do a special non-universal version for hardware bundling.

Dunno. I'm sure the answer is in the Licence Agreement! :)

SL

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I don't think that's true. I use Migration Assistant back and forth and it works fine with PPC and Intel. Try doing that. The reason the disk doesn't work, is because it's specifically made for that model computer. Legally, you aren't supposed to be installing to anything other than the computer it came with. Also maybe try Pacifist.

Or just go buy iLife legitimately.