Installing Canon Pixma Pro-100 on OSX 10.9.1

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mmiller4, Jan 11, 2014.

1. mmiller4 macrumors newbie

Trying to install Canon Pixma Pro-100 printer on Mac OSX 10.9.1 and having trouble. When I try to add the printer it states "The selected printer software is available from Apple. Click Add to download it and add this printer." But when I click "Add" it begins 'finding software' but ultimately tells me it "Can't install the software because it is not currently available form the Software Update server."

Canon says the printer's compatible with 10.9, I've installed their latest driver, any ideas why this isn't working?

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The wife and I have both Pro-1 and Pro-100 working on our rMBPs running Mavricks.

The CDs shipped with the printers have old drivers. Go the the following site to select the latest driver:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consu...fessional_photo_inkjet_printers/pixma_pro_100

The latest driver is from December 2013
    http://www.usa.canon.com/nw3s/CanonUSA/DownloadContents/English/0100451402EN.htm

Then you can select the version of the software tools under Software. Be sure to install the Can IJ network tool.

That is especially to do if you ethernet to the printer. We do either net to both printers via Time Capsule connections without any problem.

When it all the software is installed...reboot the Mac. Go to System Preferences, Printers and your Mac should see the printer. Add it. I added the Canon iJ version, not the Bonjour connection, and everything is just fine.

3. mmiller4 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Thank you. I rebooted as you suggested and actually got the computer to recognize the printer for the first time in the five hours I've been working on this. I'll have to see if I can calibrate the print heads (or whatever it says on the install disc) without falling two steps back from where I am now. Thanks again!

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Congrats! Don't install anything on the disk. Install only the versions on the Canon site. BTW, I have never needed to realign or clean the heads on a Canon printer.

5. mmiller4 thread starter macrumors newbie