installing configuration profile after already on iOS 10

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by oftheheavens, Jun 16, 2016.

1. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I updated to iOS and have been playing around with it and am greatly impressed with its stability especially when compared to the watch os3. My question though, is that I directly installed the beta as I do almost every year and did not go the way of installing the OTA configuration profile.

Well I would like to do that so that I have OTA updates available. Do I need to do a fresh install to make this happen? Does OTA come with the iOS beta already but the configuration made it easier to do from the start? I don't mind redoing everything I just wanted to verify before I took a chunk out of my day to do it (waiting on an interview phone call so gotta be careful today anyway.

Hope this makes sense and I greatly appreciate some of this forums expert advice. Thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Jun 16, 2016 ---
    just to add, I have submitted a few different feedbacks on the condition of the watch OS with a detailed description of the problems I have been faced with. I hope others are doing the same. Help the community and we improve the final product!

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I think, once you are on one version of beta, you are in that beta track until it goes official. So you don't need to install a profile to receive new beta.

3. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

awesome reply and thanks for taking the time to write it. So if I am understanding correctly (and what I assumed) once on a beta you should receive OTA updates regardless of how you got there?

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Yep. That is my experience on iOS 9.0 beta, and all the way to iOS 9.3.3 beta 2.

5. oftheheavens thread starter macrumors 68000

Awesome thanks for the reply. I didn't use a lot of the ios9 beta as it was, at a point to unstable to have even for testing apps. I'll report back if it doesn't work like this and if so I will reinstall with the OTA profile.