Installing Couich Surfer - A to Z?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Sickwickednasty, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Sickwickednasty macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I'm interested in installing couchsurfer on my Apple TV, but I can't find a comprehensive guide explaining how to do so.

I found a set of instructions here:
    http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Safari_HD

But they are very vague to me, I don't know how to copy the file to my apple tv, don't know how tu use SSH etc. Is there a comprehensive guide to installing it from A to Z? Do I have to physically hack my Apple TV to install it?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

No physical hack is required but you will have to start at square 1. Look at awkwardtv.org on how to make a patchstick. That will get SSH installed. Then you will have to use terminal and/or fugu. Unfortunately couch surfer is like all other applications when in comes to installing them. Without a basic understanding of terminal and ssh you might be SOL. Do some reading up on it.

3. drag0n macrumors newbie

If you are having trouble with terminal commands, atv4windows.com offers a ready-made patchstick that takes care of the installation process of most plugins, including CouchSurfer. Costs $15 to join, though (thery also have a free SSH-only version)