Installing Deleted App on Non-Jailbroken iPhone...Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stangs55, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I had bought Netshare back when it was legally on the Appstore, but have since had my MBP implode and lost my hard drive. It was no problem downloading the apps I had bought...except Netshare as it is no longer available. I have found both the .ipa and .app netshare files to download across the interwebs, but simply adding it to my app directory with the other .ipa files doesn't work.

Is there a way to download and install this app for someone who has legally bought it (and it's currently associated with my appleID) WITHOUT jailbreaking my 3GS?

2. amsukalski macrumors newbie

Is Netshare still on your old phone? If so, I would assume you could sync it up with your new iTunes library and it would transfer it to your computer. I'm not positive, though.

3. Stangs55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

Sadly...no. And between upgrading my desktop to Win7 and my MBP imploding...it's off all my computers. :(

Is there a way to edit the app file (.plst maybe?) so that it says I'm the owner of the file...which it could then correctly verify with apple?

4. Stangs55 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What you downloaded of the net is not your original netshare app with your itunes information. Thats why it will never sync on a stock firmware iphone.
    You got a hacked/cracked version of it that will only work if you jailbreak your phone and install Appsync thru the instalous repository.
    What you had to do is save your itunes folder where all the apps were stored and then put them back when you reinstalled itunes on your new hard drive.
    But its a little too late now.
    But if you're just looking for tethering theres better options out there than netshare without even having to jailbreak. All you gotta do is install a profile online thru your iphones safari browser.
    Go to http://help.benm.at/usa.php