Installing Drivers on Windows Xp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ela407, May 17, 2010.

1. ela407 macrumors newbie

Hi,

So, I've been trying to download the proper drivers onto my windows partition with no luck. I just partitioned my drive yesterday and installed Windows XP Sp3 successfully. I realize you need the mac os x disk to put in while your in Windows and install the drivers from there, but I don't have a disk and need to get the drivers on as soon as possible. I've done some searching around and read that you can just install the Windows Xp drivers update 2.1 from the apple site: http://support.apple.com/downloads/Boot_Camp___Windows_XP_Drivers_Update_2_1

I've done this and put the .exe file onto a usb flashdrive, started my mac in windows and tried to install them but when I double click on it, nothing happens. I don't know what else to do. Your help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Hmm, you might be able to use apple software update. If you install quicktime or iTunes, it will come with apple software update. If it doesn't work, you could buy snow leopard for ~$30 and install the drivers from there, or borrow a snow leopard disc from a friend.

3. LiquidSpikes macrumors regular

LiquidSpikes

This might help

Hello :)

This might help you :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=703215

The drivers are in that update but wont install easily without the old version being installed first...

but you can extract it and update each device manually... :)

In the future you might want to invest in a Snow Leopard CD.... it comes with Boot camp 3.0 :)

4. ela407 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thanks but what should I use to extract that update? Sorry, I'm kinda a noob.

Edit: Ahhh, sorry I never scrolled down far enough, I see everything now. Just downloaded 7-zip and hopefully this will work. Thanks a lot

5. LiquidSpikes macrumors regular

LiquidSpikes

Dont worry :cool:

we are all n00bs sometimes :D LOL

Let us know how it goes :D

6. ela407 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi again,

I got all the drivers installed except 4, I kept on getting some error, I'll post the error later. All 4 drivers were nvidia and I couldn't get my wireless working, but I'm pretty sure one of the drivers I never installed was the wireless.

7. LiquidSpikes macrumors regular

LiquidSpikes

Make sure you install the chipset driver.. that will then install bus driver that will allow Windows to see more devices, such as your wireless card.

:)

What hardware are you running on? is there a reason you want to run with bootcamp 2.0?

3.1 is much better...new drivers.... http://support.apple.com/kb/DL996