installing final cut pro 4 on snow leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jlance00, Aug 12, 2010.

1. jlance00 macrumors newbie

Hey,

i have a intel core i 5- 27 inch imac running snowleopard and i am trying to instal final cut pro 4 but the program is saying my pc is not powerful enough and i need a g4 what can i do to get it running it also has a really weird start up bug with qmaster saying it is a start up security breach..... This is the first time i have ever had mac act like a windows machine everything has been so plug in play this program is not

help me

thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. jlance00 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. jlance00 thread starter macrumors newbie

my friend tells me there is a way to run it with rosetta i that possible with snow leopard

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No, but you could look for upgrades to Final Cut Studio (1, 2, 3) on eBay or Amazon or somewhere else or maybe find older Universal Final Cut Studio versions on eBay or Amazon.

It might be, as Rosetta is there for running PPC applications on X86 (Intel) CPUs, but you have to trick the installer to recognize your Mac as supported. I don't know how, but MRoogle will help you find some information about this, as it comes up every once in a while.

Btw, you can edit your posts via the [​IMG] button, or multi-quote posts via the [​IMG] button, as sequential posts are "against" the rules.

Minor Problems

6. Sequential posts.
    Combine your comments into one post rather than making many consecutive posts to a thread within a short period of time.