Installing Final Cut Pro on MBP PRO IVY 2.5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WD007, Jun 20, 2012.

1. WD007 macrumors newbie

I tried installing it and it came back with a message about POWERPC programs not being supported anymore through some research I can see that since the Lion update this has been the case...maybe? anyways I was wondering if there was a workaround since I havent been able to get any of the shell or terminal stuff to work on the web. It did come back with a weird message saying that hardware not supported on this computer-mid 2012 Ivybridge 2.5ghz dual core.- but I have read of several people who run it on a 13 inch even last years intel hd3000 graphics chip..... has anyone else had this problem i am lost now...lol

thanks in advance

W

2. simsaladimbamba

What Final Cut Pro (Studio) version do you want to install?

3. WD007 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

So you have Final Cut Studio 3 then? Or in other words, with what version do you have problems installing on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion?

PS: MBP is short for MacBook Pro, thus "MBP PRO" is redundant, like "LCD display".

5. WD007 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks it was a typo .... but yes i have final cut pro x i had final cut pro studio 2 i think and it wouldn't let me install it because of the issue with lion and power pc programs.... i tried installing thru terminal but could not figure out all the shell sudo commands... even tried googling it

sorry for my lack of terminology..

W

6. simsaladimbamba

So you have Final Cut Studio 2 and have already tried the steps shown here?

And what do you mean, you couldn't figure out the commands? What commands exactly?