Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdenn024

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Hi, I'm new to the forum and a new Mac user....recently made the switch to Apple and glad so far but I'm a little confused on some stuff about installing things...

1. Guitar pro says to mount then run the installer ...where should I mount it and what does mounting mean? Windows you just run the installer
2. I set up the Chronicle App but is there a way to get it to share across my different user accounts as I have 3 set up, one for business, one for generally me, and for bills and finaces, but I'd like to share the Chronicle 3 data between all users if I can?

Sorry if these are noob questions and please don't be a ******** I just switched to mac a few weeks ago and am just learning the OS so please understand everyone has to start somewhere

Also I installed a 80G ssd but for some reason sometimes when I start it up it won't boot all the way. 1 in 10 it goes to a circle with a slash which I'm assuming it can't find the hd or os. I force restart it and it's good but don't really wanna keep having to do that any ideas?

running lion 10.7.2

Last edited:

jdsingle

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2011
Mounting refers to mounting the .dmg file and then when the window opens up you should see the install for your program. If you click on the .dmg icon so that the menu pops up (the equivalent of the right click on Windows) you'll see Open With and then Disk Image Mounter should be the default.

I just switched over to Apple from Windoze too and it has been interesting figuring out all the differences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.