Installing iOS 10 Beta without being a developer?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by daditude2284, Jun 28, 2016.

1. daditude2284 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have found a couple links and youtube videos that show how to install the iOS 10 beta without being a developer. The person who created the video provides the developer profile on the video to download and then you are able to install the beta as a developer. Is this safe to do?

2. simon lefisch macrumors 6502a

simon lefisch

Why not just wait a couple weeks for the public beta? It will be available next month.

3. daditude2284 thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree with you, i was just wondering if it was safe to do.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

As long as profile is legit, then it is safe.
    But yeah, wait for public beta is better for you.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

It's safe but not always recommended as reverting back may not be as easy for some as it is for seasoned testers or users. So judging from you asking the question in the first place, you may wanna wait until beta 2 or the public beta. Those will likely be less buggy and the chances of you being displeased and needing to roll back to iOS 9.3.2 will be lessened. Beta 1 is mostly stable, but does have bugs that some people may find annoying or a barrier when it comes to using it on a daily driver main device. The early betas are meant to be deployed on test devices so daily users aren't impacted negatively.

6. mariusignorello macrumors 6502a

Technically posting the developer profile is against policy but nobody's going to tell him to take it down. Wait for public beta, it'll be a bit more stable for you.

7. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

Again, if you have to ask, then no, its not safe. Wait for the public beta.

8. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

It's fine. It will make your device more frustrating to use though, so I would wait.

9. KingCapning macrumors newbie

KingCapning

This is true, its in a buggy state just hoping Beta 2 can fix some issues, wait until Public beta there will obviously be more fixes in that version.

10. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

How does one download a public beta?

11. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

It's working fine for me. As long as the profile is legit you should have no issues. Just keep in mind what you're signing up for, the beta has a lot of annoying little bugs