Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenewkasanova

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
I downloaded a folder of iPhone apps (from inside the Revised Intel Mac jailbreaking thread) that includes the iPhone applications and a lot of resources under a folder called System.

I am very new to all this, and I was wondering how to get these apps on my Touch.

Kmlwx

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
I've been trying to do this as well. Every time I install Maps/Mail/Notes or Weather they just freeze up and crash after about 25-30 seconds. I'm doing this through an FTP thing and dropping them in the applications folder. I need a step by step thing :)

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/367730/

iPhone Native Apps
BOTGOD's BLOG: http://www.botgod.net/ (Will remove link on BoTGoD or mod's request!)
- Install all ".app" folders into /Applications/ on your iPod.
- Install GMM.framework into /System/Frameworks/ on your iPod.
- Install MobileMailSettings.bundle into /System/PreferenceBundles/ on your iPod.
- Log in to your iPod using an ssh client, then type this command: /bin/chmod -Rf +x /Applications/ (You MUST do this for apps to work!)
OR
- If you use a GUI SFTP client like WinSCP, you can highlight the copied files on your iPod, right-click for Properties and enter 0755 in the Octal field. This is the

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
I've been trying to do this as well. Every time I install Maps/Mail/Notes or Weather they just freeze up and crash after about 25-30 seconds. I'm doing this through an FTP thing and dropping them in the applications folder. I need a step by step thing :)

you are missing the following step:

- Log in to your iPod using an ssh client, then type this command: /bin/chmod -Rf +x /Applications/ (You MUST do this for apps to work!)

Kmlwx

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
you are missing the following step:

:)But when I type that Putty appears to request another command...Help?

Charliekid21

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
filezilla works best for me
first put ure ip adress in the for the username type root and for the pass type alpine then 22 for the next thing

give it a momment and u will be in to edit anything u want
hope this helps =)

Ldog12395

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
filezilla works best for me
first put ure ip adress in the for the username type root and for the pass type alpine then 22 for the next thing

give it a momment and u will be in to edit anything u want
hope this helps =)
i did all of that but the connection drops every 2-3 seconds and it says could not connect to server, is there a way to fix this?:(

marcongj

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
when I use putty I after the login in section I get this # and I dont know what to enter for that any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.