Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grizfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
I have Pages, Numbers and Keynote on my MBP from the App store. My daughter will soon have a MBA. Can I log into my App Store account on her computer and download these programs for her? If I'm reading Apple's software licensing agreement correctly, I think I can:

To download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one (1) copy of the Apple software directly on each Apple-branded computer running OS 10.7.4 or later ("Mac Computer") that you own or control

This looks to me like it is OK to share these apps on Macs within our house, does that sound right?

thanks!

Equestris

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Lørenskog, Norway.
Yes!

We have 5 Mac's in the household, and we use the same iTunes/AppStore account on them all. It works fine with all the apps we buy :)

Same scenario on the iPhones and iPads ;)

grizfan

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Boise, ID
Thanks for the info. Can we maintain separate accounts on each Mac after I've installed the shared applications? For example, I log in to my account on my daughter's MBA, install Pages, and then log out so she can log back into her Apple account?

Equestris

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Lørenskog, Norway.
She can be logged onto the Mac, while you log into AppStore with you're iTunes account. Install the apps and then log you're iTunes account off from AppStore.

Her machine will be granted the "rigths" to run "you're" apps.
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.