Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Let's put it this way, if Apple heard from the pirates, they'd be on to them right away and ask them to pay $500 for their developer program. It is to their benefit to read the forums and find out the information the pirates find out. But certainly the pirates don't
want to be discovered. So either it is see no evil hear no evil and they don't read the forums, or they read the forums and glean what they can. What does a poor developer do who can't afford the developer program package? They end up pirating. Oh and I did purchase Jaguar, but am I going to spend $500 on the developer program? Obviously they read the forums otherwise pictures of the P49 wouldn't have been asked to be removed. So a word of caution...unless you have something positive to say about Jaguar in your testing, don't say anything at all. Of course it is all subject to change once it is released, so any reports you see here may only be of things that were once included in testing. Like the blue beachball...like the radio toolbar in Explorer that never came out in public. Not to mention people can bring in their own software to the Apple Store where seeds of Jaguar are already on display. So people don't have to pirate it anymore, they can test it for themselves without pirating if they are near an Apple Store. I am near the Tysons Corner store and they have it installed there.

If Apple were so concerned about pirating they wouldn't let it near their stores. I think they want people to find out what's in there, and be able to market the message that Jaguar is good enough to buy for $129, and even more. It is an interesting move from a marketing standpoint. Why would Apple even do such a thing...it is a risk, but a good risk if the product is already sellable. Plus they get to hear bug reports from people who normally wouldn't give them bug reports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.