Installing Leopard on MacBook.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by aliceband, Sep 4, 2008.

1. aliceband macrumors newbie

Basically, I have a Macbook, a year old tomorrow, with Tiger. We also have a 6 month old IMac, on Leopard. Is there anyway I can use this Leopard disc to install it on my Macbook, or will it spit and hiss at me?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nope. The restore discs that come with a computer are specific to the model. Go out and buy it. Don't steal software.

3. aliceband thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for the help.

It's not really stealing mind, we have paid for the software, it's not like you wouldn't watch a DVD on two different players.

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

but you wouldn't watch the same dvd on two different players at the same time...

5. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

The Leopard EULA only allows you to install Leopard on single Mac (at a time) unless you've purchased the OS X Leopard Family Pack license which allows the installation of Leopard on up to five Macs.

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

.... and the 5 Macs should be owned by the common household members. (i.e. You can't buy for the neighborhood or your bridge group. It's meant for mom's iMac, sis's Powerbook, dad's MacBook Pro, and the twins MacBooks - 1 black and 1 white hehe) -GDF

7. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

or your company :eek: ... as i recently found out.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you're talking about Restore DVDs, it just won't work.

If it's just a regular Install DVD then I don't see why it wouldn't work, again putting any legality issues aside.