Installing Leopard on my iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CGagnon, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGagnon macrumors regular

CGagnon

I have the Leopard beta build 9a446 from WWDC 07, and i want to put it on my iMac, but I have a few questions before getting started to see if I really want to do it.
    First off, After installing Leopard, is there any way I can use the old 10.4 install disc to get Tiger back?
    Also, from anyone who already has it, I am not going to lose anything on my Hard Drive after installing, correct? I backed up most of the stuff on my computer, but only the really important stuff that I can't lose. I only had about 55 gigs of space on my external hard drive, and I didn't want my data spit onto two different hard drives, so space was limited.

Corey Gagnon 

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Either:

1) you are a Developer with either a Select or Premier ADC account you will know all these answers and will have access to support if you don't

2) You are asking for help with pirated software which is prohibited by the forum rules.

3. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

He never said anything was pirated. Period.

Anyways:
    Is it possible to move all your files to the iMac? Cause then you could use your HD to install Leopard on. On my setup, I partitioned the external HD into two parts- one that contained the Leopard install disc, and the other that I installed Leopard into. Then you can just choose your start-up disc to be the ext. HD, and it works fine for me (in fact I was surprised how fast it can run). I think this may be the best solution because it leaves everything about your main comp exactly as it is.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Read my post carefully. I never said the OP said it was pirated. I simply pointed out that it's either pirated, or the OP could go to the official source for these sort of questions and get a better and more accurate answer that is available here.

So in short I accuse the OP of asking questions pertaining to pirated software.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'm with you robbie..I've been an ADC member for 4 years and see no need to ask this very simple question in a public forum.

The OP has a pirated copy.Period.

6. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

Most likely, perhaps he does, but this forum is a great place to get those questions answered easily that he could go to the source to ask. However, sometimes, especially on weekends, the source isn't so great. Therefore, you can assume what you want about the person, but realize that you are not doing anything by accusing him/her of pirating

7. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

I grant him a full pardon as the punishment seems too harsh. He
    might not have a pirated copy.

Breaking the law, by a good person, is not breaking the law.

8. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

It will be buggy so you run the risk that some of your data may be lost.

9. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

What I was saying is...you can't be sure that it's pirated...and even if it is...these boards are here for mac help, not to be Apple's secret police.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

This board also has rules.Please read them.

11. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

These boards are covered by a clear and simple set of written rules that you agreed to when you signed up and implicitly agree to every time you post. These include a prohibition on the discussion of pirated software.

So it's not about being "Apple's secret police", it's simply about following the rules of the community you choose to be a member of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.