Installing Leopard the proper way

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DaveSM, Jan 7, 2008.

1. DaveSM macrumors member

I have the leopard DVD since october but hadn't upgraded yet. I was and I am still waiting on Super Duper to be leopard compatible buy now it's only a questions of days (as of shirt pocket's blog). I'm then trying to decide which way is the safest to upgrade to leopard.

Upgrade is a no go as I have seen plenty of times with users having strange bugs.

Now I have to decide between either a clean install or archive and install. I'd rather have a clean install and import the apps I need back to the new leopard install from a backup.

Is it possible to run the migration assistant to pick up my stuff from Tiger from a bootable nackup done with Super Duper? Or should I use archive and install instead?

How much extra space does the archive and install needs?

I'm trying to sort out everything before taking the leap. I will also probably wait for 10.5.2 but I'd like to be ready to switch by then.

Thanks for your answers.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Backup your previous install and give Upgrade a try. If you find problems, you can always restore your backup and try one of the other install methods. Apple spends a significant amount of effort trying to get Upgrade to work smoothly and for most people that's the case. C'mon, give it a chance! :)