Installing Mac OS X Tiger Help!!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ElectricMan5, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ElectricMan5 macrumors regular

Hey guys. I have a PowerBook G4 (PPC) running 10.3.9, and I'm trying to install Tiger on it. It has a 800 MHz processor and 512 MB of RAM. I'm trying to install Tiger off my grandparents iMac Tiger Install DVD, and their G5 Tiger Install DVD. I know you're not supposed to do this, but it worked perfectly when I installed Panther from an iBook's install dvd.

I keep on getting a Kernal Panic as my computer starts up from the disk, with a gray picture of a Power Button in the background.

How do i get the install to work? I think that there's probably a way... I just don't know where to find it!

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

The tiger disk will only work with that mac, it wont work on your powerbook

3. ElectricMan5 thread starter macrumors regular

what about the iBook then?

4. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Maybe they added it to the tiger discs. It wont work, for example: if i tried using my Macbook tiger disc on my mini it wont work, it says this disc is for macbook only.

Plus its illegal to do this, plus there are hundreds of threads on this have a forum search

5. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

Sometimes it's a close enough match that it will work; sometimes it's not. You got lucky once and now you're not. Oh well.