Installing Maya

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arjen92, Apr 21, 2012.

1. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

I'm trying to install maya, but when I go through the installer it says "Could not authorize user" (something like that). I also tried to install it on my macbook pro and it doesn't show it.

I have Lion Server running, I feel like that is messing things up. Another thing is, I did a clean install, (I was getting tired of it not getting installed). I installed all my stuff, then Server and then tried Maya, no succes.

I repaired persmission (on a fresh install) and it takes half an hour to repair them all! So many, on a fresh install? So I did on yesterday night, and right now it's repairing them all, again!

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Weird - I installed it and it said my screen resolution is too small but it still worked.

3. arjen92 thread starter macrumors 65816

arjen92

Ok, I got it installed. But I think Lion Server was the hickup.

I constantly had to repair the permissions (or, as soon as they were repaired, they "broke" again).

After shutting it down and wanting it to boot again it got stuck on the grey screen with the apple and the circle loading. This was a fresh install! Only installed all the software, including Lion Server. And all my permissions got messed up and my mac wouldn't boot.

So I decided to just reinstall everything, clean, again. This time not installing Lion Server. Maya installed without a hick-up.

So I have a strong feeling it' Lion Server's fault. And I don't really understand why.