installing mywi on the 3g ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by h8att, Jun 27, 2010.

1. h8att macrumors newbie

Your Ad Here
    Anyone managed to get it to work?
    I am not talking about using mywi on the iphone to give 3g service to the ipad.
    I am talking about setting up the 3g ipad to share its 3g data plan with my macbook.
    Some people here have reported that some versions of mywi when installed on the ipad will crash their ipad.
    If you manage to get mywi to work on the ipad can you tell me which version or versions you are using and any tweaks you need to make in order to get it to work. Thanks guys!

2. BigBerk macrumors newbie

Yea, I downloaded the new 4.0 version off cydia, and installed it as normal.. signed up for the rock account and started the 10 day trial.
    Use iFile to complete the following on the ipad
    3. go to /private/var/stash/Applications/MyWi.app
    4. edit file MyWiApp and replace with

#!/bin/bash
    Path=$(dirname "$0")
    ddd=$(exec "date" "+%Y-%m-%d %T")
    x=exec "date" "-s 2007-10-27"
    { sleep 3; exec "date" "-s $ddd"; } &
    exec "${Path}"/MyWiApp_

save
    5. enjoy

restart or respring, or set permission file MyWiApp to 0755

If you want to remove rock (not sure if it removes all pieces, but it worked well for me) after previous process, go back into iFile and you should see the folder "ROCK" whatever in the same spot you found MyWi. Just hit edit at the top and delete the whole folder. Give in a respring for the icon to disappear.

3. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Why does it require anything special to provide a signal a computer? Should any wifi capable device pick up the ipads broadcasted signal from myfi?

Thanks!