Installing Newer Software on Older Macs

beyondcreative

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Hi Folks,

This is my first time on this forum and I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place. Please excuse my ignorance.

Here goes my question...
I have a Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 with 8 GB DDR2 SDRAM running on 10.4.11 -- the newest I can have on it. How can I possibly install a newer OS so that I can run newer Software such as CS5, etc. I know some programs inevitably won't run (Chrome, etc.) because of the new processor that my MAC doesn't have.

Any help will be much appreciated. :)

Thanks!
Jose

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The latest version of Mac OS X that your machine can run is Leopard/10.5. I think Adobe CS4 is the last version that your machine can run as well.

Being that this is a PowerPC Mac, you may get better answers in the PowerPC sub-forum. You can request that a moderator move the thread by click on the triangular report icon on your first post and request a thread move the the PowerPC sub-forum.

mikeneko

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Hi,

I used SFOTT and installed Mavericks in my Mac Pro 2,1 and also upgraded to 10.9.5 successfully.
One problem I have is how to do the file transfer from my 10.7 hard drive in my computer. I was successfully able to transfer “Applications” but when I tried “My old setting and Network setting”, the computer hanged at the start-up. Do you know what to do to solve the issue?

Thanks.
Regards,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.