Installing Newer Software on Older Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beyondcreative, Aug 12, 2012.

1. beyondcreative macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,

This is my first time on this forum and I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place. Please excuse my ignorance.

Here goes my question...
    I have a Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5 with 8 GB DDR2 SDRAM running on 10.4.11 -- the newest I can have on it. How can I possibly install a newer OS so that I can run newer Software such as CS5, etc. I know some programs inevitably won't run (Chrome, etc.) because of the new processor that my MAC doesn't have.

Any help will be much appreciated. :)

Thanks!
    Jose

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Simple. You can't. The latest versions of OS X require an Intel processor.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The latest version of Mac OS X that your machine can run is Leopard/10.5. I think Adobe CS4 is the last version that your machine can run as well.

Being that this is a PowerPC Mac, you may get better answers in the PowerPC sub-forum. You can request that a moderator move the thread by click on the triangular report icon on your first post and request a thread move the the PowerPC sub-forum.

4. simsaladimbamba

You can install Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard as maximum OS and CS4 as maximum CS versions.

5. mikeneko macrumors newbie

Hi,

I used SFOTT and installed Mavericks in my Mac Pro 2,1 and also upgraded to 10.9.5 successfully.
    One problem I have is how to do the file transfer from my 10.7 hard drive in my computer. I was successfully able to transfer “Applications” but when I tried “My old setting and Network setting”, the computer hanged at the start-up. Do you know what to do to solve the issue?

Thanks.
    Regards,