Installing old version on iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac417, Nov 9, 2007.

1. mac417 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone knows how to install an old version of iTunes. I've upgraded to iTunes 7.5 but now I can't sync my iPhone cause I still have firmware 1.0.2 I think they've built something into version 7.5 to where you can't sync until you update you're firmware to 1.1.1 I am scared to do that cause I am still not sure if I will brick my phone if I do. I am still running 1.0.2 on it cause I used iPhoneSimFree and have heard you can brick your phone if you update to 1.1.1 Is this true?!? Anyone that knows and is sure it will be okay to update please let me know.

2. Kaspers macrumors regular

Kaspers

Just drop the old iTunes app back into your /Applications..
    And if you don't got the old version, search the web..

3. orientalsoul macrumors newbie

Ditto

I'm in exactly the same boat. Have tried dumping iTunes 7.5 and downloading an older version, but whenever I try to load the ".dmg" file, my computer says it won't recognize it. pretty frustrating. the iphone is turning out to be more trouble than it is worth, and the friggin phone also has no "search" function that I know of, so I need to return to my computer's address book to search for any info that I need. My sony erricsson P910 - though much older technology - was smarter and better in MANY ways, including the fact that when I'm in a different country and people call in to me, my sony would recognize the person, even if the country code and prefix was left off of the number (because obviously I was already in the other country). Again, in this way the iPhone is STUPID. It's a stupid phone, with a menu system that often takes many steps in order to get to the function that you want. And when you want to edit your contact, you can't do it from the interface that shows you the contact info. you need to go back to contacts, then go to edit, etc. again, stupid menu, stupid phone. I hear Taiwan has come out with it's own version. If the menu system is better, I'm switching over...

Are we sure Apple designed this phone and not Microsoft?