installing on iBookG4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by marekgliski, Jan 12, 2009.

1. marekgliski macrumors newbie

Hi everybody, I',m the first timer here.Have basic question ab.installing a "language kit" on iBookG4(10.3.9,Panther).Have a patience and mercy, please try to guide me step-by-step how to install the thing which is already on my desktop. I'm new to actual work with the machine(so far I just browsed,mailed,
    stored pictures and played chess)and, embarrassed to admit, have problem with doing things;I'm reading the book,but there isn't much help so far.
    Thank you

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

A language kit? Could you be a little more specific about what you're after and why?

3. marekgliski thread starter macrumors newbie

installing on iBookG4

Thank you for interest in my post. I don't know much ab.this "language kit"which I found somewhere among my applications/documents/HD content browsing through all these.Actually,this is a great tool to learn any of six languages offered on the kit. Sorry if I couldn't be more specific but I found the kit by accident and don't know exactly where.Ah, I remember that there were also with the kit,"Map Control Panel", "Sherlock",and "Before You Know it Lite".
    Thanks again for considering my post

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

If it's Microsoft Office related, the language packs either come with it but are not all be installed by default, so you would have to find that software disk.

If it's Mac language packs, I don't believe its set in the Documents folder as it pertains to the system and being able to switch the OS to a different language. It sounds like it comes from some other third party software and not the operating system itself.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

There is no built-in language teaching software on the Mac. If you're interested in learning a new language, you could try something like Rosetta Stone. I think there's no substitute for real learning in a social classroom or immersion setting, though.

6. marekgliski thread starter macrumors newbie

installation on iBookG4

I would like to say "thank you"to those of you who took the time to answer my plea for help. As I mentioned in the last part of my 2-nd post, this "language kit" was in the same group with "Map Central", "Sherlock" and "Before You Know it Lite". The kit consisted of the basics of six foreign languages,really easy and simple educational stuff.
    Thank you again