Installing onto OSX

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ellythrion, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Ellythrion macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Right I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to macs and OSX seeing as I've only had my iMac 27" for 2 months now, but I need some real help and advice on how to instal Adobe CS4 Production Premium suite onto it.

I've got the 4 DVD's and 2 CD's and was wondering if someone could guide me through the process of installing this programme from the DVD's/CD's. As detailed help as possible would be hugely appreciated, as I said I'm still new to using a mac as I've previously been PC-only for the last 15 years.

I've put the first DVD in and there's been no automatic installer or anything like that, I went into the DVD itself and double clicked on the setup.exe file but it said that cannot be ran in DOS mode or something like that.

I know the programmes (the suite contains a number of adobe programmes) are compatible with the mac so any guide on how to instal them would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

2. simsaladimbamba

Are you sure you got the Mac version?
    .exe files are Windows executables and the Mac version of the Adobe Production Suite should have a file called "Setup" (red icon) on it.

Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Sounds like you may have the Windows version of the software.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You have the windows version. Did u actually buy this? It says right on the packaging whether it's for windows or Mac.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Contact Adobe support.

Upgrade to Mac OS version.