Installing OS X 10.6 onto OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Discussion in 'iMac' started by luckycat0690, Feb 2, 2015.

1. luckycat0690 macrumors newbie

I'm in desperate need of installing Snow Leopard onto my OS x 10.9 in order to access AppleWorks documents.

I ordered the Snow Leopard OS Disc but it is NOT the Server Disc.

Is there anyway around this?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It is advisable to return the client disc and order the server disc as visualization programs have restrictions that prevent the installation of non-server Snow Leopard.

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

4. MichaelLAX macrumors 6502a

Many Appleworks files can be opened by LibreOffice.

If you have an absolute reason to run Appleworks 6 in Mavericks (such as database and some graphics files), as noted installing Snow Leopard into a virtualization program, such as Parallels, will allow you to run Appleworks 6.

Snow Leopard can be made to install and run in virtualization, but it is much easer to install, run and maintain Snow Leopard Server; and its price is now the same $20 as the client version.

There is no functional difference in running SLS in virtualization; just ignore the Server apps (I actually remove them from the Dock so as to not be confused by them).

[click on image to enlarge]

Attached Files:

5. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

Funny the reasons we run what we run. My snow leopard server VM is mostly used to run automator scripts that are broken on later OS's. Watermarking PDFs for example.