Installing OS X Lion help needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ObuckiO, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ObuckiO macrumors regular

I just don't want to mess this up. MBP (5,1)17'' Mac OS X, 10.6.8
    2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB 1067 DDR3
    I looked for threads in search for an hour, so i'm sorry for such a Easy button push question.
    Running on Snow Leopard now and i'm getting ready to install Lion from App Store at home, and want to know if all i really have to do is hit Upgrade now?
    The main thing i seen, was afterwards, Options+Startup and repair disc permissions using "disc utility" So, other than that, if all runs great. Is that about it. :):apple:

2. mape2k macrumors regular

Not sure what exactly your question is.

Before you upgrade, back up your data with Time Machine and/or another 3rd party App. Then you just hit install via the Appstore and you are all set.

You can also do a fresh install, which I would recommend to do. The chances of problems later on are much lower. It's your call though, most people that upgraded do not have any problems and it usually works well. This tutorial will help.

3. ObuckiO thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for the help, and the link. I wanted something like this in case i couldn't use my only computer for questions. I'll try this now...Thanks again.

4. ObuckiO thread starter macrumors regular

just got done OS X Lion install.???

I got it installed, but it froze just after icloud with the calender barberpole. So i, went to Safari and it set up a couple of fav. sites(black boxes), then i came here. I think it has to work the glitch's out in the screen though.
    Do you think i should still do that; Options+Startup and repair disc permissions or not? Just go on about my business? Restart i will do for sure. Thanks:apple: