Installing OS X themes.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by charlesbronsen, Nov 3, 2009.

1. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

I am trying to install themes from interfacelift and it looks like I have to use shapshifter to do so. I'm having a heck of a time getting this app to install let alone work properly. So what are you folks doing to install themes on your mac. I am currently on Leopard 10.5.8. Thanks

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. charlesbronsen thread starter macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

Ahh that makes sense why it's not working.:eek: still would like to know how to apply themes to Leopard if anyone is so inclined to point me in the right direction. Many thx

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Themepark is the way to go, I think. No personal experience, though.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks for the link.

And were do we get themes for Theme Park?

Interfacelift is not that place, and the geekspiff page has no visible link I found.

6. robots199 macrumors newbie

I use magnifique. It is small, lightweight, and It has a built in themes browser so you dont have to go online everytime you want a theme!

It IS compatible with snow leopard, which is great.

WORD OF ADVICE: After applying the theme, it looks like that it has not activated, go into sleep, come out of sleep, and restart finder. Then It will be applied. (snow leopard downside :( )

7. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I understood Magnifique (latest version 2.1) was not compatible with snow leopard. I installed it today and I was getting an AppleScript Error (-1703)and none of the included themes were showing up in the GUI.

I ignored the error and downloaded & installed a theme from GuiPulp.com. The theme wasn't working properly.

So I went to the internet and read that 2.1 is not compatible with snow leopard. A 3.0 Beta was in the works that would be compatible with snow leopard....but that was a while ago.

See Magnifique's Twitter site: http://twitter.com/magnifiqueapp

8. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

I still don't get why Apple won't build in support for themes, or at least being able to choose your own color scheme.

Graphite or Blue. Endless possibilities right there. :rolleyes:

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Because the folks, *cough* steve jobs *cough* are control freaks and don't want people messing with the look and feel of their OS.