Installing OS...

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
If, theoretically, one were to purchase a copy of an unnamed, closed-source, non-Windows operating system used on approximately 10% of computers, and installed it on their home-built computer:
1) What would be the hardware requirements of said home-built computer?
2) Would there be any loss of functionality compared to the computers the unnamed OS is usually installed on?

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
No need for beating around the bush, you can just say, that you want to install Mac OS X onto non-Apple hardware.
What you want to create is called a "Hackintosh", thus the following links apply.

I've discussed this before, and it was taken down because of using the term "Hackintosh" and "Mac" in the same post, due to apple being "lawsuit-happy". I didn't realize there were that many help sites for it, though, so thanks for the help!

Nov 28, 2010
located
I've discussed this before, and it was taken down because of using the term "Hackintosh" and "Mac" in the same post, due to apple being "lawsuit-happy". I didn't realize there were that many help sites for it, though, so thanks for the help!
Was it taken down on MacRumors? Hmm, maybe they just want to keep this discussion low profile, as this is a "high profile" website and message board.
Also have a look here, as I find, that they have good guides and a good message board: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/