Installing PackageMaker

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by paramasivan, Apr 10, 2008.

1. paramasivan macrumors newbie

Hello experts,
    I tried installing PackageMaker 1.0b4 in Mac 10.5.1. It says Install Succeeded.
    But where can i find the exe to run the packagemaker? I looked at all places. But no luck.

Please advice me on this.

2. lostinspace2011 macrumors member

Why ?

Why would you install Package Maker separately. It comes with the development tools and usually resides in /Development/Applications/Utilities (or something close to this).

Have fun
    Alex

3. paramasivan thread starter macrumors newbie

Installing PackageMaker

My PC do have a executable file named "Installer". Is this what i need? If not, what may be the name of executable for PackageMaker? Please tell me. I will search my system with that name.

4. paramasivan thread starter macrumors newbie

Installing PackageMaker

BTW, i am developing my application by RB2006 for Windows XP and wanna deploying it in Mac OS10.5.

5. lostinspace2011 macrumors member

PackageMaker != PackageMaker

Please have a look at : http://s.sudre.free.fr/Stuff/PackageMaker_Howto.html

Package Maker is an OS X application which is included with the development tools, such as X-Code. The thing you downloaded and installed is so ancient, no wonder it does not work.

You should really take a look at the development documentation to find instruction on creating / building applications.

have fun
    Alex

6. paramasivan thread starter macrumors newbie

I am developing in windows environment

Hello there,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am developing in windows environment. So i did not get PackageMaker with RB.
    Please advice me on this.