Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moo-Boo

macrumors regular
Original poster
G'day my fellow Mac aficionados,

I am in a a bit of a quagmire. I have a beautiful G4 1.67GHz PowerBook (the one that was released in Oct. 2005) and it came with no system. I have no Tiger disc and I'll be buggered if I am going to pay $150 or more for a new Tiger disc when Leopard will be out in less than 2 months. I'm writing this at the moment on my MacBook, and, as you know, those discs won't even work on a PowerBook. But, I do have genuine Panther 10.3.5 install discs. I hate to see them go to waste as it was an excellent, fast OS. I think there's a workaround to install Panther on my PowerBook, but I can't find it, if it indeed is even possible. Sigh. Thus, my quagmire. Does any smart cookie (or doughnut for that matter!) know a way out?

Thanks heaps, have a great day,

Matt (and the cranky cat)

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Apple highly recommends that you do not "down grade" your OS system. I will find the doc. but they say not to do it. I do have install disks from my iBook G4 10.4.2. I would like to get rid of them because I have a MacBook now. Let me know. PM me.

Matt

Moo-Boo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apple highly recommends that you do not "down grade" your OS system. I will find the doc. but they say not to do it. I do have install disks from my iBook G4 10.4.2. I would like to get rid of them because I have a MacBook now. Let me know. PM me.

Matt

G'day Matt,

Thanks for doing that for me. I've tried other install discs before, but with no luck. I could extract the applications, but not the OS. Besides, I'm trying to save up for a new iMac. But, thanks for the generous offer.

Matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.