Installing Photoshop cs5(windows version)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lukta, Oct 16, 2011.

1. lukta macrumors member

Hi, I recently came into possession of a copy of cs5 for windows. Is there any way I can install this on my mac and still be able to use it with relative ease? I currently use GIMP but it's super annoying.

I currently have the top model 15 inch macbook pro. Let me know if you have any ideas.

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Yes.. install windows.
    Either with bootcamp or virtual machine (parallels, VMware, virtual box)

3. lukta thread starter macrumors member

Here is the next issue. I can get access to an online download of windows 7, but don't have a startup disc, is there a way I can download the installer and put it on the disc (DVD RW right?)

4. simsaladimbamba

Either install Windows via Boot Camp ( a 20GB partition should suffice ) or use VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop to install Windows.
    Windows XP should suffice, a license can be had for 30€ nowadays.

Or you could contact Adobe and ask for a Mac OS X version, probably for some fee.

Here are some tutorials you might try out: http://psd.tutsplus.com/

----------

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

5. lukta thread starter macrumors member

Are you sure 20gb would be enough to handle win 7 plus cs5 and all the files etc?

6. simsaladimbamba

With Windows XP, 20GB would have been enough. You could store PSD files either on the same partition or on a dedicated HDD (backup).
    With Windows 7 30 to 40GB should suffice.

7. ActAsIf macrumors newbie

There are a few different options, there should be an option to send me an email. Email me and I'll help you out.