Installing printer on new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SunnyFL, Jan 18, 2014.

1. SunnyFL macrumors regular

I have tried everything to get the iMac to recognize my printer Epson 835 I first tried it wirelessly with no luck then I tried with the USB cord nothing. I searched Apple and found some drivers to download for Epson printers I thought this would take care of it but still I am unable to see the printer when I go to system preferences and printers add printer. I must be missing something here any help would be appreciated.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

3. SunnyFL, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014

SunnyFL thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I have had the printer a few years. I can print to it from both my iPad & iPhones. When I plug USB in nothing happens not even system tone. When I go to the add printer area nothing shows up as far as drivers or software being available.

All I get from the link is the following

The latest printer drivers for this product is available from Apple's Software Update. Here's how to get them:
    Do one of the following:
    USB Connect your product to your Mac using a USB cable and make sure the product is turned on.

Wireless Connect your product to your router wirelessly and make sure the product is turned on.

Note: You'll need to use the product's control panel to establish the connection to your router.

Ethernet Connect your product to your Mac using an Ethernet cable and make sure the product is turned on.

Select the menu on your Mac, then Software Update.
    Do one of the following:
    If you see an update from Epson, select UPDATE to install it.
    Note: Apple Software Update may find multiple updates for your system. You may choose to install all or some of the updates.
    If an update is not available, you're done. You already have the latest drivers from Apple.
    Compatible Systems: Mac OS X (v10.9.x)

4. SunnyFL thread starter macrumors regular

Success finally connected by USB but not having any luck wireless.
    I am able to print wirelessly with my other devises.

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

6. SunnyFL thread starter macrumors regular