Installing programs without registration?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xfusejc, Nov 22, 2007.

1. xfusejc macrumors 6502

I'm looking to sell my MacBook. However, I want to sell it with Leopard and iLife already installed on it. Now, Leopard requires a registration once it is installed, and the only way for me to get iLife installed is if I have access to the computer itself, which I won't have until I go through the registration process.

Is there anyway to bypass it and just have the computer not be registered to anyone? I don't want to have my personal information there if I'm going to sell the computer.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Unless you are giving the purchaser the original iLife DVD (in which case they can install themselves) then you illegally distributing the software which I'd have to recommend against.

3. xfusejc thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay. Forget iLife then. How about Leopard? Do I just shut it down after reinstalling Leopard once I get the Registration screen?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Again are you providing an original Leopard DVD with the machine (either in the form of original Restore DVDs or a retail copy)? Otherwise, once again, illegal software distribution.

Anyway: yes just shut down the machine when it wants to reboot post install. Next boot will go to the welcome video and registration.

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Just fill in the first three screens then hit command-q.