Installing RAM into Powermac G5

NSiebenmor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Savannah GA
I am a newbie who needs help installing ram into a powermac G5. Does anyone know any links I can go to that show pictures with instructions. I'm sure it's easy but this is my first computer and mac. thanks for any help

Nick

sparky76

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2003
I have done the upgrade myself, and it really is very, very easy. Just be careful to touch a radiator or otherwise ground yourself before touching the RAM. Good luck.

iWillard

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2005
Staring at a Mac Screen
sparky76 said:
I have done the upgrade myself, and it really is very, very easy. Just be careful to touch a radiator or otherwise ground yourself before touching the RAM. Good luck.
And don't touch the RAM on the gold connectors! Handle it only by the sides! :)

NSiebenmor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Savannah GA
Problem! I installed the ram and now when I turn it on there is no input on the monitor. The power button just blinks. I took my crucial ram out and put everything back how it originally was and it still won't show any input. Anyone know what's going on?

Nick

davizod

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2005
make sure the ram sticks are inserted are the way in when i upgraded mine, my original sticks didn't show up until i took them out and reinstalled them, and made sure the sticks were all the way in. It takes a little bit of force to get them in all the way.

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
I had to push very hard to get my PowerMac G5's RAM DIMMS to seat properly. I had a bad DIMM and diagnosing the problem took so many insert/remove cycles that my thumb hurt for days.