Installing RAM, what screwdriver

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samo1215, Jul 21, 2008.

1. samo1215 macrumors member

I am trying to get those little screws out the bottom of my computer so I can install some RAM. Trouble is I don't have a screw driver that small and I'm having a hard time locating one in a retail store. What type of screw driver is it? Links to places I can order it from would be greatly appreciated.

2. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

Go to Sears or Home Depot, or something similar. In the tool sections they have small jeweler tools. It's nothing more than a small Phillips Head screw. Nothing fancy. Radio Shack may even have a small PC tool kit with the correct size...

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Husky sells a number of good small screwdrivers.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

walmart also sells small jewelers screwdrivers (tool section, craft section), lowes (tools/electrical repair section), home depot (tools/electrical repair section), etc actually many places sell them. I've even seem them at autozone (small store, just gotta look) and walgreens (household area).

doesn't have to be a 'jewelers' screwdriver, a regular one with a small enough head will work.

6. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

7. FelonyRuckus macrumors newbie

8. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

You might want to look for something like NewerTech's 7-piece tool kit: http://www.newertech.com/products/7pctoolset.php

They're out of stock in the company store and OWC, but lots of sites carry them (and I'm positive that they buy them from an OEM supplier, though I can't remember what the name of the company is).