Installing ram?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by madmartigan, Mar 17, 2008.

1. madmartigan macrumors member

hey I am about to get my mbp and was wondering if I should put the 4gigs of ram i bought in before i ever boot it up or should i do it after i start it up a couple of times, which is the best way. And how do i make sure that i discharge all the electricity in me before putting it in the computer?

also should i charge the battery completely before I use it. Or is it all right to use it right away, what would be the ideal thing to do?

2. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

I would boot up and set up with the configuration from Apple - after checking all systems are go then shut down your computer completely and replace the RAM.

3. JamesMcCain macrumors member

JamesMcCain

1. you can install the ram before you even boot it up, it'll make no difference.
    2. well when you install the memory you have to take the battery out, so by having no cycling electrictiy for 30 seconds more or less will completely discharge any current.
    3. as far as the battery charging, I just booted it the first time and charged it completely before I turned it off/ran the battery alone. I'm sure there's tons of people with different stories on this.