Installing screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mkgm1, Jan 18, 2009.

1. mkgm1 macrumors regular

So I recently got a SwitchEasy Capsule Neo. It came with a couple of screen protectors. I tried to install them but couldn't get rid of the bubbles. They're now too dirty for me to install (I tried washing them to no avail.. lol).

So if I go to an Apple Store in the UK and buy their Power Support Crystal film can they install it for me in store? I don't really want to spend £10 on something and then fail again... :/

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Depends on how busy your local store is i guess, the nearest one to me i dont think ive ever seen quiet enough for them to start doing screen shield installs.

You should be ok installing them if you take your time (thats a big point, dont rush it or you will get dust all over the place) and make sure you're doing it in a dust free environment.

There are a few videos on youtube of people doing screen shield installs, so you could check out how they do it.

Plus the powersupports are thicker than most screen shields i believe, which makes them easier to install but less compatible with cases.

3. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

the powersupports will be a easier install... he switcheasy ones are an adhesive type.... powersupports are static cling....

just take your time and make sure your phone is CLEAN.... and you shouldn't have any issues...

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you get an invisible shield, they will install them for you for 10 dollars. Good luck trying to get some store employee to install it for you, when they probably don't have anymore experience than you do.

5. mkgm1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the replies.

Sounds like I'm going to end up trying myself - after all, even if the Apple Store do agree to installing it, it's probably not a particularly dust free environment.

6. diesel macrumors 6502a

are the invisible shields adhesive types or do they use static cling like the powersupports?

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It's a type of adhesive. You have to spray the included solution (soapy water) on the the shield and then apply it to the device and let it dry for 24 hours. And if you take it off it leaves no residue behind.