Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jod5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
I was told I should install snow leopard on imac. Before I do this, will I be able to install adobe cs3 web premium? I already installed it after apple store reinstalled software because it was not letting me log in.
If so, please tell me what I need to do. thanks

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
What's your current OS? If your Mac came with Lion, downgrading is not simple if even possible.
A good start would be to have the SL install DVD. Once you have it's pretty easy to boot in it and let the installer handle the task.

jod5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
no, not lion. its version 10.5.8.. I think that's leopard?

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
no, not lion. its version 10.5.8.. I think that's leopard?

Yes, 10.5 is Leopard.
Once you have SL instal DVD, start up your Mac, insert the DVD and press restart. Hold the option button (ALT) when you hear the start up sound, choose the SL DVD and just follow the instructions. They're very straightforward, but if you have any doubt post back here.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion are the names of all the Mac OS X versions since 2005.
If you have an Intel Mac, you can buy Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard via the Apple Online Store for 29 USD, then insert the DVD and upgrade to 10.6. While no personal data gets deleted, you should backup before the update, if you don't already do this.
And CS3 will work with 10.6.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.