Installing software on new Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kamera RAWr, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

First off, yes I did forum search and got a lot unrelated to the info I wanted :p . MR forum search still leaves a lot to be desired. Anyway.. here goes... Today I recived my 17" Hi-Res MacBook Pro, going out tomorrow to buy a firewire cable to transfer files from my 15" MBP. When it comes to installing software... namely Aperture and Photoshop that is already on my 15", can I easily install the software onto my new MBP without issue? Curious, since I already registered it on my old computer. Or do I need to take some steps before hand? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S. Yes, I'm still a relative Mac newbie... this is my first migration from one Mac to another :D

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yes, install from your original CDs, the software is not locked to one CPU. Once you have it in the new machine, then delete it from the old unless your license (as some do but not all) allow for a secondary machine installation.

3. Kamera RAWr thread starter macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Well, I plan on selling the 15", so I will definitely be deleting them off the other computer... It would be illegal otherwise ;)

Thanks CanadaRAM

4. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I believe you need to duauthorise photoshop, at least version CS3, before uninstalling it.

5. Kamera RAWr thread starter macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Thank you too DrAtheist, I will do that... as I have CS3 :)