Installing Solve Media Captcha on phpBB

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MarximusMG, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

So I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this, and can't seem to find one.

I'm trying to install a Solve Media captcha on my phpBB forum, but I have no idea which directory I need to upload the solvemedialib.php file to via FTP. And once I've uploaded it, do I need to edit any other files in the directory? Thanks in advance for any help!

2. iAdderall macrumors newbie

Link me to your site or send me a message on msn supermanmj2003 ({at}) hotmail dot com and I'll help you. Just need to figure out where your form file are located.

3. MarximusMG thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Hey man, thanks for the response. I actually just found the instructions on how to do this here: http://portal.solvemedia.com/portal/help/pub/phpBB/

And it seems to be working properly on the registration page. The site is in my signature. Thanks again for the response!

4. MarximusMG thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Actually, I just checked the registration page on my site using Firefox, and it's showing "domain / ckey mismatch", whereas the captcha works perfectly on Safari. Any idea as to why that is?

5. iAdderall macrumors newbie

It means you either incorrectly entered your API keys in the plugin configurations or the website address you entered in their system does not exactly match your website's address. Double check that....

PS > I checked on safari here myself and it works. I do not use anything else or I'd take a look with those browsers as well.

6. MarximusMG thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

Great, thanks. For some reason, when I visited the site in Firefox, the browser didn't add "www" in the domain. So that's where the mismatch error came in. I had to edit my configuration on Solve Media to accept my domain with and without a www in front of it. Thanks for the help, really appreciate it!

7. iAdderall macrumors newbie

Anytime man. I'm a long time lurker of this site, and decided to join tonight. Glad I could help you.