installing switcheasy anti static screen guards....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by superspud, Oct 8, 2008.

1. superspud macrumors regular

HELP!!!!

i got two colors cases from switcheasy that came with the screen guards and managed to mess up all 4 of them... i could never get them on straight, and by the time i finally lined it up they were all smeared and had lint / bubbles all over....

is there a trick to these things? i just sent them an email to see if i can get a few more but i have a feeling i'll have the same problem....

2. EliteKiller macrumors member

I've screwed up at least 4 screen protectors so don't feel so bad. I'd recommend that you install it while in a bathroom that has been steamed up a little bit (to keep the dust and other particles to a min.).

Another screen Shield Install

FFWD to 12:45 in the video. I'd also recommend using the squeegee as you remove the backing to prevent bubbles. :apple:

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I've ruined at least 3 in my time, although you can wash them off good and re-use them. After some practice you will get better. I just installed a 15" screen protector on my Macbook Pro. You want to talk about hard! Somehow I got it on perfectly though. It was huge.

Anyway, scotch tape is a good trick for getting dust off the film without touching it. DO NOT use scotch tape to lift a Switcheasy cover off. They use some sort of film on the protector that peels off with the scotch tape and looks awful after.

There are a lot of screen protectors out there, like the Power Supports, that you can slap a piece of scotch tape on top to peel it off the glass once it's down without having to touch it. Then while your holding the film up in one hand with a piece of tape, use another piece of tape to get the dust off the film.

4. Stepper macrumors regular

5. Heimlich macrumors member

That switcheasy screen protector was the first screen protector i ever installed. I messed up the first one. The second one turned out ok.
    I think the main thing is to get it lined up and make sure there's no lint under. It's ok if there are bubbles after laying it down. Just use the squeegee and get em out. Even the really small ones. Mine looks super awesome now.